If you’d like to invite your sibling to join you and they are either 16 or 21 years-old, please let them know we’d consider their application!
What is Classic ReBoot?
Classic ReBoot: "vb [riːˈbuːt] to restart (a computer) by loading the operating system; boot again."
As an MK, your life has been full of incredible opportunities, cross-cultural experiences and multiple transitions. Perhaps one of the biggest transitions you’ll face is coming back to Canada to study, work, or enjoy a gap year.
At Classic ReBoot, you’ll build new relationships with fellow MKs; find a safe place to share what’s on your heart, discuss common challenges, and be equipped to thrive in your transition.
Through sports, outdoor activities, relationships and teaching, we’ll help you:
- re-view and celebrate your past experiences as an MK;
- re-fresh through worship, fun activities, and meaningful interaction;
- and empower you to re-enter and transition to Canadian life and culture with understanding and confidence.
Want to know more about what you'll learn? GO HERE.
Is Classic ReBoot right for you?
Growing up overseas provides a rich cross-cultural experience for children whose parents serve as international workers. Often overlooked, however, are the social identity and other life challenges that MKs and other third culture kids (TCKs) can encounter when the time comes to transition back into Canadian life and culture after spending most of their childhood abroad.
- Have you spent a year or more between the ages 0-18 living cross-culturally?
- Have you served as an international/cross-cultural worker or tentmaker?
- Have you moved 'back' to Canada in the last few years or are you in the process of 'comming back'?
- Would you like to be part of an re-energizing experience connecting with like-minded young people with similar life experiences for a whole week?
- Could you use a crash course in this crazy thing called 'Canadian culture'?
- Does "A week of fun (and sometimes challenging) activities" sounds like something you could use?
If you answered "YES" to one or more of the above questions, then you should become a "ReBoot-eer" too!
"Resitance is futile" :)
(a famous quote from Star Trek...)
Many MKs come to ReBoot with a sense of hesitancy, not knowing what to expect. And every year we have a few that come with resistance, not wanting to attend Classic ReBoot at all. But, without fail, by the end of the week, none of the Classic "ReBoot-ers" want to leave: they have learned, grown and forged strong relationships built on common life experiences, acceptance, and, of course, love.
But don't take our word for it! Check out the below video and written testimonies from Classic "ReBoot-ers" themselves :)
When is Classic ReBoot?
Classic ReBoot is offerend at two locations:
July 30 - Aug 6, 2021
Ambrose University, Calgary, AB
July 9-16, 2021
Location to be determined.
Come Join us!