Details on May 1st cancellation decision deadline.
Our desire is to provide a tremendous transition retreat experience for MKs at Wilderness ReBoot. To accomplish this we need a minimum of 8 MKs in attendance as we place a high value on peer learning.
To encourage early registration we are offering a $100 registration discount for those who register on or before May 1st. To qualify for this discount we must receive a minimum registration payment of $300 but encourage participants to send in their Wilderness ReBoot application at the same time.
If by April 30th we have 8 registrants, we’ll run Wilderness ReBoot. If not, we’ll consider cancelling this program.
Once the decision has been made an announcement will be sent out on or before May 15th to all interested parties regarding whether we will be running Wilderness ReBoot.
When should I book flights and make travel plans?
Please wait to book any flights or make any travel plans until the following events have occurred:
- the announcement regarding the May 1st cancellation decision has been sent out. This will occur on or before May 15th and will be sent out to all interested parties as well as posted on the Canadian MK Network and MORE Network websites and Facebook pages.
- you have received an official acceptance email from the ReBoot team confirming your acceptance to Wilderness ReBoot.
What are the program start and end times?
Widerness ReBoot 2020:
- arrival 2pm at the latest on Sunday, June 28th. Please do not plan to arrive before 10am.
- departure 1pm on Saturday, July 4th after enjoying a last meal together.
I am under 21 and an MK. Can I attend Wilderness ReBoot?
If you are under 21 we encourage you to first attend our Classic ReBoot program.
If you are a Classic ReBoot alumni and are over 18 you are welcome to submit an application for Wilderness ReBoot.
I can't afford the total cost of $1150 ($1050 - early bird). What can I do?
Payment plans and support raising options are available to assist in covering the full cost of the trip. Once you have submitted your application and you have received your official acceptance letter please contact us for further information on these options at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to register with Blue Bronna separately?
All required registration information is covered by the Wilderness ReBoot application found on the CMKN website. No additional registration is needed.
Do I pay Blue Bronna fees as well as CMKN fees?
All program fees are covered in the $1150 ($1050 - early bird) cost, including any fees owed to Blue Bronna. No additional payment is necessary.
What to pack and not pack:
CLICK HERE for a downloadable list
What should I bring to camp?
- Rain gear & gloves - head to toe rain gear is most helpful
- Water bottle
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Riding boots or rubber boots
- Sturdy runners or hikers
- Jeans or sturdy pants (2)
- Warm long-sleeved shirts (2)
- T-shirts (4)
- Hooded sweatshirt
- Waterproof soft-shell jacket
- Warm hat
- Swim wear
- Socks (6) (wool blend)
- Personal hygiene (towel, soap, etc.)
- Warm sleeping bag (or 2 thinner ones) - it gets very cold at night and tents don't have heaters
- Self-inflating sleeping pad or thin foam
What not to bring.
- Phones, iPods, or any electronic devices other than a point-and-shoot camera.
- Excess and heavy items that will weigh you down.
- Expensive/cherished items that may be lost or broken (e.g. jewelry)
Who is Blue Bronna, where are they and how do I get there?
Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp is a not-for-profit organization that desires to take you away from the busyness and distractions of life so that you can see the power and majesty of God and meet Jesus Christ in a personal way. BBWC runs two sites southwest of Calgary. Wilderness ReBoot will take place at their Coat Creek site off Hwy 940 amid the beauty of the foothills of the Canadian Rockies mountain range.
While each participant is responsible for their own transportation to and from Blue Bronna, if you are travelling from out of province and are arriving by air arrangements for pick-up and drop-off from Calgary airport can be made by contacting the Wilderness ReBoot Director, Ben Reed, as email@example.com.
Departure on July 4th will be 1pm after eating last lunch together.
CLICK HERE to download FAQ information about Blue Bronna.
CLICK HERE to download a map to Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp - Coat Creek.
You can see the location of the Coat Creek site on google below:
BACK TO THE TOP
DIRECTIONS FROM LONGVIEW, AB.
- Travel South on HWY 22.
- Continue on HWY 22 until you reach Alberta Secondary Highway 532. As you approach the 532 you will cross under some high-tension power lines.
- Turn right and head West on Secondary Highway 532. There is a blue provincial sign marking the turnoff to Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp.
- Travel 12 Km West on Alberta Secondary Highway 532.
- Turn Left (South) immediately after you cross Willow Creek on Secondary Highway 532. You will see a sign on the South side of the road marking the entrance to Blue Bronna.
DIRECTIONS FROM LETHBRIDGE, AB.
- Travel West along Crowsnest HWY 3 passing through Fort MacLeod and past Pincher Creek.
- Turn Right and head North on HWY 22.
- Travel North on HWY 22 until you reach the Alberta Secondary Highway 532.
- Turn Left and head West on the Alberta Secondary Highway 532. There is a blue provincial sign marking the turnoff to Blue Bronna Wilderness Camp.
Wilderness ReBoot FAQ Created by sharon on 10/5/2019 5:48:36 PM