If you’d like to invite your sibling to join you and they are 16 or 21 years-old, let them know we’d consider their application!
Growing up overseas provides a rich cross-cultural experience for children whose parents serve as international workers. Often overlooked, however, are the social identity and other life challenges that MKs and other third culture kids (TCKs) can encounter when the time comes to transition back into Canadian life and culture after spending most of their childhood abroad.
- You have spent a year or more between the ages 0-18 living cross-culturally.
- Your parents served as international/cross-cultural workers or tentmakers.
- You are moving 'back' to Canada or have moved 'back' in the last few years.
- You want to experience an incredible week connecting with like-minded young people with similar life experiences.
- You could use a crash course in this crazy thing called 'Canadian culture'.
- A week of fun (and sometimes challenging) activities sounds great!
What is Classic ReBoot?
Classic ReBoot: vb [riːˈbuːt] to restart (a computer) by loading the operating system; boot again
As an MK, your life has been full of incredible opportunities, cross-cultural experiences and multiple transitions. Perhaps one of the biggest transitions you’ll face is coming back to Canada to study, work, or enjoy a gap year.
At Classic ReBoot, you’ll build new relationships with fellow MKs; find a safe place to share what’s on your heart, discuss common challenges, and be equipped to thrive in your transition.
Through sports, outdoor activities, relationships and teaching, we’ll help you:
- ReView and celebrate your past experiences as an MK;
- ReFresh through worship, fun activities, and meaningful interaction;
- and empower you to ReEnter and transition to Canadian life and culture with understanding and confidence.
Want to know more about what you'll learn? READ MORE...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE?
(a little cultural quote from Star Trek)
Many MKs came to ReBoot with a sense of hesitancy, not knowing what to expect. And every year we have a few that come with resistance, not wanting to attend Classic ReBoot at all.
But, without fail, by the end of the week, none of the Classic ReBoot-ers want to leave.
They have learned, grown and forged strong relationships built on love, acceptance, and common life experiences.
But don't take our word for it.
Check out this video testimony and our written testimonies and hear from Classic ReBoot-ers themselves.